Helloooo! We meet again! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was uneventful/eventful if that's a thing? My weekend consisted of:
- Thomas and I sleeping in every morning past 9:30 which was heaven on earth after what seemed like the longest week ever.
- We watched too many Friends episodes then I would like to admit and we watched Blood Diamond (have you seen it?! SO GOOD), SPLIT (which was weird but fascinating), and I may or may not have made him watch the first Sex in the City movie for like 10 minutes until I turned it off because I knew how mean/torturous I was being.
- Besides countless hours on the couch doing nothing, I was also productive somewhere in there! I made homemade sweet potato gnocchi for the first time for you guys that's coming to the blog this week as well as a insanely good egg-in-a-hole breakfast skillet that fulfills all of your carbacious desires.
Now it's back to Monday and I wanted to share our go-to smoothie recipe with you. I'm not kidding when I say that IT'S SO GOOD. I honestly feel like it's a treat every time I drink it AND it has all-natural healthy ingredients. We drink this in the morning heading to work, as an after-workout snack, or an after dinner dessert by adding chocolate and making it more of a ice-cream consistency.
One miracle I discovered this weekend is HOMEMADE MAGIC SHELL!!! All of my childhood dreams have come true! Did anyone else use to squeeze magic shell in their mouth when your parents weren't looking? No - Just me? Well I have found a slightly healthy version to jazz up your smoothies, frozen yogurt, or ice-cream at home. Scroll down to get the magic!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana ( I freeze all of my bananas as soon as they get too brown to eat)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter (we use this no-stir crunchy peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (add more or less depending on the consistency you're going for)
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- Toppings: Sliced banana, cocoa nibs, homemade magic shell
What to do
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth!
Note: If you want an ice-cream consistency for dessert, we freeze almond milk in ice-cube trays.
Homemade Magic Shell
For 1/2 cup of chocolate shell, you'll need:
- 1 cup good quality chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons of coconut oil
What to do
Add the chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl or container along with the coconut oil.
Microwave, in 30 second intervals, until completely melted.
Pour it over ice cream and watch the magic happen (allow 30 seconds before you try to crack it.