How is it Friday already?! I'm not complaining by any means, but the weeks have been going by lightening fast. I am sorry I have been slightly neglectful on here lately - but I am determined to stop being a lazy ass and start posting for you guys again at least 4-5 times a week! I am finishing You are a Badass and I am so inspired to stop wasting my time and start pursuing this little blog of mine at full speed ahead! You heard it here...no slacking from me now! 🙃
Anywho- IT'S FRIDAY AND I'M SO EXCITED. Sleeping in on Saturday morning has never sounded so good as it does right now. This weekend we are going to be low-key since we are both going to bachelor/bachelorette parties next weekend! Two of our closest friends are getting married and next Thursday all us girls are headed to Austin for the bachelorette and the boys are heading to Lake Billychinook for the bachelor party on a house boat! Should be a very eventful weekend to say the least.
Being in weekend mode, I wanted to share one of my favorite cocktails! A Moscow mule recipe is one that I love pulling out whether it's a relaxed night at home with Thomas or if I'm hanging with the girls - like next weekend in Austin! They are quick to make, easy to drink, and you can change out the fruit with the seasons! Since strawberry season is in full-swing right now, I wanted to combine their luscious sweetness with one of my favorite herbs - basil. The two together is so delicious, and combining those flavors with Fever-Tree's Ginger Beer makes it even more of a winner. Fever Tree is my absolute favorite since it's not too sweet and has the most incredible ginger flavor!
I hope you all have a great weekend! Take a breather, relax, soak up some vitamin D, and make a Moscow mule for good measure! 😀
Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule
Ingredients per drink
- 3-4 medium ripe strawberries, hulled and quartered (plus extra for garnish)
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar, agave, or honey if you want it slightly sweeter
- 2-3 ounces of Vodka
- juice from 1 lime
- crushed ice
- 2-3 ounce chilled ginger beer
what to do
- Place strawberries, basil, lime juice, and sugar (if using) in copper mug and muddle by using a muddler or the bottom of a wooden spoon to smash the berries and basil together for 1- 2 minutes, until juices are fully released and you have a good mash. Pour in vodka.
- Stir and then fill mug about 3/4 of the way full with crushed ice and top off with chilled ginger beer. Stir again with a spoon and garnish with a fresh strawberry and basil leaf. Enjoy!